Friday, December 18, 2009
I spotted these gorgeous little printed paper bags in Kmart...
They have love heart bags (pictured) and bags in a variety of fruit prints (strawberries, grapes, etc). C-ute.
This tin of crayons by Faber-Castell would make a PERFECT addition to the I LOVE PARTIES vintage circus party, as decoration and/or gift.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
However, I committed to this, so I am going to decisive...
And the winner is...
Skye - with her heavenly Pink & White Disco.
Congratulations Skye, the scooter is on its way to you!
To all my readers, please continue to send your real party photos through. The blog is getting lots of visitors, so clearly there are lots of you looking for party inspiration/ready to share your party expertise.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Check it out here:
Thursday, December 10, 2009
The Birthday girl stipulated that there must be pink and white food "with a bit of sparkle". Enter EDIBLE GLITTER!
Click on the images below for a larger view of the party pics - the details are exquisite. I especially love the hot pink seats and the little lady-like hat cookies!
Party hats off to Skye for this incredible event - Ally must have been one very happy little girl! Thanks for sharing and you are in the running for the Radio Flyer scooter.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
- The invitations featured a photo collage of him with his latest creation; the Lego Police Station.
- When each child RSVP'd I asked the parents for a recent photo of their child. I used these photos to create a Lego, photo caricature of each child. The girls had pink shirts and hats while the boys had red and blue. These little Lego people then featured on their party favours, along with selected Lego characters and their names printed using a Lego style font. Rather than just using bags with lollies, I made ceramic mugs for each child. Inside each mug was a fridge magnet with their Lego person photo and a few yummy treats.
- I had fun with the cake, although it did take ages to make. The kids all had coloured tongues after eating this creation!
- We mostly played traditional party games including sack races, pass the parcel, water balloon basketball, limbo, etc.
- I also made a Lego brick piniata with my son out of papier mache.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Whether you are entertaining or being entertained during the month of December, we hope your month is full of fun (and not too full of stress).
I know it is a few days late, but here is a very sweet Christmas advent calender idea from countryliving.com to kick off the month...
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Kate recently hosted parties for both her boys. Love the homemade party touches...
[Click photos for larger view]
Friday, November 27, 2009
* Most people put lollies into loot bags and with that not really being an option as most contain dairy I had pencil rolls instead which was a really big hit amongst the kids and had many mums and dads thanking me for not giving their kids sugar to take home.
* Royal icing fondant is dairy free so I rolled that flat and used a heart cookie cutter to cut out hearts and then pasted half a heart at a time onto the cake with jam
* Donuts usually contain dairy and are usually fried too, so I decided to bake donuts and ice them instead so much healthier and easily made dairy free.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Here are a few Christmas gift suggestions from the I LOVE PARTIES range...
Pretty musical carousel...
Tin signs to hang in the bedroom or around the house...
And our retro sticker books would make great stocking fillers...
In the weeks ahead, I am hoping feature gift suggestions from other websites that we love. So, avoid the Myer checkout on 24 December and feel good about supporting Australian small business this Christmas!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Also wanted to share some the newly arrived I LOVE PARTIES badges - tres cute. If your really really lucky, you might find one in your next ILP package...
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
As you may know, at I LOVE PARTIES we want our little blog to become a destination for mums (and dads) to share all things party party party.
So... if you have hosted an amazing party or two in your time and have any great decorating, food and other ideas that you'd like to share with others, then please email your photos to me via the email button to your left.
The emphasis is on sharing great party ideas, whether on a small or big budget. Parties made with love are all we are looking for...
Having said that, to incentivise everyone to share, we are offering an inaugural "Party of the Month" prize, being a Radio Flyer - My First Scooter (suitable for 2-5 years olds) (valued at $130).
NOTE THAT you also need to become a FOLLOWER of the blog be in the running to win, and I have to receive your entry BEFORE 15 DECEMBER in order to post before Christmas. Australian and NZ residents only. Needless to say, by entering you also agreed to the images you supply being posted on the blog.
Sunday, November 15, 2009