Following on from yesterday's post, here are some hints and tips for a gorgeous Blinky Bill party.
I think this theme would make for a lovley first birthday party, particularly (but not exclusively) for a boy.
- Ask guests to dress up as Blinky or Nutsy. Dress the Birthday boy or girl up in some cute red overalls and some koala ears.
- Decorate the tables with red gingham or checked tablecoths, Australian wild flowers and gumnuts.
- Hit cheap souvenier shops for some cheap koala paraphenalia, including little koalas to give away as party favours, or to use in a "Blinky Hunt".
- Make a banner of gum leaves strung with twine. Alternatively, you can download "printable" gumleaves from http://www.treeproject.abavic.org.au/pdf-articles/Australian-Gumleaves.pdf
- Use eco friendly plates, cups (we stock these in the I LOVE PARTIES shop) and wooden cutlery.
- Serve up some koala cupcakes (see these gorgeous cakes for inspiration) and some Tiny Teddies (you can also find some cute Koala biscuits at your local Asian grocer).
Photos from Katieskitchen.wordpress.com and Blempgorf on Flickr.com
- Set up jugs or bottles with labels: "Eucalyptus Nectar" and "Gumnut Soda".
- Hold a "Blinky and Nutsy Hunt" in the garden. Paint a poster of Blinky and play pin-the-nose-on-Blinky. Opt for other old-fashioned games, like sack races (sacks available from I LOVE PARTIES) and egg and spoon races.
- Send guests away with a Blinky-style runaway bag on a stick (see picture below) and fill with old-fashioned lollies (the natural confectionary company do Blinky Bill jellies), some wooden pencils or crayons, and koala stickers.