Monday, May 24, 2010

OUR RETRO SURF PARTY

A week or so ago we held our much anticipated I LOVE PARTIES RETRO SURF 2ND BIRTHDAY PARTY, and I am pleased to say it was a very big success! Beautiful weather and lots of fun.

The photos below are from the wonderful Jill at Shutterbubs.com

Cookies and cupcakes are by Libby at Polkadot Cookies (Polka.com.au) - she is AMAZING!

So settle in, this is a long post....

FAVOUR AND CAKE TABLE


The idea was that everyone filled their own gift bag. I laid out some cool black shades, custom colouring books (available from the I LOVE PARTIES shop) and crayons, surf tattoos (available in the shop shortly), "Surf Screen" (which we created custom labels for) and personalised surf wax from customsurfwax.com.au. Then I added some hibiscus lollypops, pineapples jellies, bananas, and Bounties. The tin pails are also available from the I LOVE PARTIES shop.

These are I LOVE PARTIES favor (lolly) bags. The vases are filled with blue jelly beans topped with white milk bottles. The large leaves are from a discount store.

I framed some photoshopped pictures of the Birthday boy (on old surf magazine covers) alongside his surf trophies. The cake is a banana cake and is homemade with an edible decoration purchased from http://www.cakesaroundtown.com.au/.


PARTY FOOD TABLE
Cookies and cupcakes by http://www.polka.com.au/

Kombi vans available from I LOVE PARTIES shop.

The cupcakes and cookies were just fabulous. Libby made us some shark cupcakes and "sand" cupcakes which I decorated with some handmade "No Surfcraft" signs and blue flags. The surfboard and wave cookies were perfect.
I used the surfboard cookie cutter to cut sandwiches which we decorated with some homemade flags. The plates, cups and napkins are available in the shop.
Jelly oranges and fruit skewers
Mini hamburgers, chicken and pineapple skewers, potato salad and mini hot dogs.
THE SUNSET BAR
I had set out jugs of lime cordial (Green Room Juice), pineapple juice (Mellow Yellow), orange juice (Sunny Delight) and blue powerade (Blue Hawaii). The hula girl straws were a big hit and are available in the shop.
GENERAL DECORATIONS
Big fan of the giant balloons.

Some custom surf shack signs made out of fence pailing and paint.
I was so in love with these pineapples - they were huge and looked fantastic.
Party banner and wave decoration both available from our shop.
THE BIRTHDAY BOY AND HIS (CRAZY) GRANNY

GAMES
FISH OUT OF WATER
Cut out fish using different coloured cardboard and attach a large paper clip. Buy a magnet from your local hardware store and attach it with string to a broom handle or similar and away you go.


COCONUT BOWLING
This was VERY cute. I bought two real coconuts and made some "palm tree" pins with coloured card attached to juice bottles. I recommend playing this one on the grass because the coconut do crack.

13 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C~ We live by the beach and would love to have a party just like this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome ! may I ask where you got the large round balloons from ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, if you are in Sydney, I always use Carnival and Toy (http://www.carnivalandtoy.com.au/ or 1300 772 789) in Glebe for balloons - they are great. Ask for the 3ft (90cm) balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Our lil dude is also having a surf birthday party on June 19th! You did a GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun party! can i ask a silly question..how did you make the jello orange slices?? what a neat treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute idea. You did a wonderful job. I will be featuring our baseball party this week, hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muito linda!!!!Very beautiful!!!!!!Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love it!!!! I would lie to know how to make the jelly oranges also!

    ReplyDelete